What do you want to achieve this year?
It’s what we need to stop that creates the room, the time, the space for what we need to do, what we need to start and what we need to do more of. What do you need to stop?
Here is an exercise to help you focus on your highest value activities. Take your time and reflect on these questions, see what you would change. You may find through this simple exercise you can do less, do it really well, and you can leverage your time, your thinking, your activity, your decisions, your people and your resources even better than before.
- What do you do?
- What should you do?
- What must you do?
- What don’t you do that you should do?
- What don’t you do that you must do?
- What are your lowest value activities?
- What should you let go of?
- What must you let go of? Now!
- What are your highest value activities?
- What do you need to stop?
Whatever you want to achieve in the next 12 months, focus on your highest value activities. Start with what you need to stop.